Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

An Extraordinary Man

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Many.

Much of my family served.

My Grandfathers brother, archie, was a pilot in WW2, serving Australia. Shot down 3 times in PNG, Burma and Thailand.

Was a survivor of Changi, The Burma Railroad and was at Kwai. Order of the British Empire recipient for gallantry.

Many Many stories of heroism, cunning and immense creativity. 1 or 2 have been published. Go to http://www.radarreturns.net.au/archive/More Radar YarnsRRWS.pdf and look for 'The secret Radio'.

My grandfather himself had polio as a child, and this stuffed his leg. So he served in the RAAF as a Airframe Engineer. He was based at the famous (and infamous) Spitfire Avenue in Brisbane. In a huge fluke occurrence, I rented a house on Spitfire avenue 3 years ago, and found The Initials JWC carved into a concrete footing under a shed in the back corner of the yard. The house turned out to be on the site of the Engine shop used to service the rolls royce merlin engines on the spitfires, back in 43 & 44.

My maternal grandfather served as an AA gunner in Syria, Egypt, Tobruk and PNG. He was at the Salerno landings in italy. He was a member of the 2/25 light infantry. Australias most decorated battalion, ever.
2/25th Battalion | Australian War Memorial

I gots your stories right here. :)

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
the last 4 generations of my family (even my parents/aunts/uncles etc) were all millitary, all army infact, i had family in WWII, Vietnam and the first gulf war...
and i was the first to go navy, yeah it took them a while to get over it lol

but i prefer to travel than play in a sandpit.

I kinda know what minux is getting at, but all the same nothing should be taken away from Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith because if he was just doing what he was paid/signed up to do, he wouldn't have been awarded the VC