Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anderson Plug?

Kitsune

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002
I have purchased a car with 0 gauge live wire dumped direct from battery with 100 amp fuse.

However it is not connected to anything, possibly was from a failed attempt to put a amp in or was from the previous owner having an amp inside.

I have a LPG tank in the back, with my boot being the choice of placement of both wires (live and ground) and uncapped I was thinking of putting an Anderson plug at the end and capping it off, that way if I choose to have an amplifier or other sources including spare battery my choices can magnify.

Or should I just twist on some 0 gauge wire caps from Jaycar and deal with it another day, right now... it's currently taped up with masking tape and with the amount of moisture in back it's only a matter of time sparks will fly.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I guess it comes down to cost, caps vs Anderson plug. Either will suffice.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
As you say, the Anderson plug gives you flexibility.

If you ever get a car fridge (Engel for example) you've got power in the boot to run it. If planning to run the stereo or lights all day you could connect a second temporary battery in the boot (although you'd need to be careful that the starter didn't draw from this battery depending on the wiring). Or maybe run an inverter for 240v mains power? Or connect solar cells to trickle-charge the main battery. Or a hundred and one other uses!

Andrew

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
What type of fuse is the 100amp?
is it a circuit breaker with a red "flag" on it? ie: if you push the red part on top, another red part pops out from the side?

If this is the case, and it is a manual reset 100amp circuit breaker, just press the red button to make the "flag" come out and leave until you decide what to do with the other end.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Electrical tape?
Make it redundant at the battery?
Both cheap and easy options.