Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*** ANNOUNCEMENT - VZ Safety Recall ***

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Hey guys, just happened to notice a recall for VZ models.

All models made between 10th May 2004 - 14th December 2004 with the Production Serial Numbers between L270900 - L384762

The PSN is the last seven digits of the VIN.

The problem has been identified as a front brake hose retainer. A condition may occur where the front hose brake can slide out from the retaining bracket on the front strut. This in turn can caus contact with the front wheel or rim and cause hose wear, which in turn could caus a brake fluid leak.

FYI guys,
Cheers
Kilmo

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Can you tell us what the source of that recall was please. The local dealer has not received any info on it. Yeah my car is affected, hence I want to know :)

iiDave

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Yeah, the recall was an official GM announcement in The West Australian 13/6/05...

The recall says to ring the Recall Advice Line on 1800 632 826.

Cheers
Kilmo

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Thanks. Rung them up & confirmed my car is affected. The local dealer received notification as I was there with the faxed recall notice lol. Since the first letters were sent on the 8th, I found it odd that they were not notified.

Getting done tomorrow morning anyway,so nice & quick

MySV6

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Good to hear....I haven't booked mine yet but intend to today. Being in WA and at current time only being 07:30am my dealer isnt open yet. But I'll be gettin right on it asap.

Cheers,
Kilmo

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
Thanks for the info kilmo. Checked it out today. Our SV6 is included in the recall and is now booked in to be fixed tomorrow incidentally were in w.a. as well and we dont think our dealer knew about what cars are affected i.e. vin numbers and build dates at the time. :)

B

bdcmedia

What is the West Australian? I check the GOVERNMENT recall web site and this problem is not listed there. They have on ly one listed for the VZ which involves faulty beading when the tyer was installed onto the rim. But it does not say if it covers all models or not!!!

X

xcapee

got my recall item fixed yesterday piggybacked onto my 3000km service on my VZ SS