Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another 66 impala project

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
So... I have just bought myself a new project, figured I could put it in here too.

1966 4 door pillarless impala. Genuine RHD, aus assembled, repainted in original paint, seamist jade according to paint code.

Not trying to copy ari, it just so happened to pop up at the right price.

I have a fair bit of work ahead of me, no engine or gearbox. No windscreens and missing bonnet, nose cone, left hand guard.

Apparently was restored about 10 years ago, in a bingle a few years back, the owner started selling off parts, he sold it to the guy I bought it off, been sitting outside for at least a year so a bit of rust but hopefully not too much.

It's gonna be a slow project, main thing at moment is kill the rust and repair, new front clip then get a motor and get it registered so I can drive it, then when I get a house with a proper work area I can redo the whole thing properly.

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 535
  • image-3.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 690
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 1,307
Last edited:

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
$10 says it will be finished sooner than yours though :rofl2:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pics fixed, stupid tablet put them in upside down.

I just liked yours so much ari I had to have one ;)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
mines never gonna be finished :p

Don't plan on having mine ever properly finished either.

I need to see exactly what the car has with it as its been stripped I have no idea what I need to buy, However it has a lot of good condition chrome :)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah man! that boot garnish is 300 delivered. wheel arch mouldings 300 delivered. eyebrow moulds 95 delivered. as long as the bumpers are good there is nearly 2k worth of chromework there.

how are the A-pillars? real bitch of a spot for them to rust, especially if theyve been outside. leaves fall in the vents and just sit there, nowhere for them to go so they rot everything in their path. i cut some 20mm drain holes in mine so i can flush it with the garden hose every so often (im yet to do it though)

what does the little badge say on the rear 1/4? ive never seen one there before.

plans for engine trans?

so many questions!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
A pillars appear to only have a little surface rust, the whole firewall is actually pretty good, front floor pan has a couple of small rust holes though.

The little badge says "special", I was reading up on some old holdens, apparently they had standard and special badges. Special is just an upmarket trim pretty much.

As far as engine goes, haven't thought too much bout it yet, but was thinking 327, 350 or 427, Gearbox?? don't know. I want some old school muscle although maybe a new LS engine could get a look in ;)

I'll grab some more pics for ya now.