Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another 'Check Powertrain' message

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Mums VZ 3.6 Thru the 'Check Powertrain' and it was the oil sender , although
when she was talking to the mechanic, he was saying it's the transmission, which I said 'bullshit , take it to holden'.
Forgot about that one! Heard thats a common issue as well.

Ash@DVS

Reaction score
Website
www.dvs.net.au
Members Ride
VE Wagon
I had that issue a while back. I cant remember if mine threw the 'Check Powertrain' or 'Check Engine' error, but I replaced the oil pressure sender and all was well.
It took longer to find the extension from my ratchet that I dropped than it did to change the sender. lol.

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
My understanding with the ECU's is when fitting or replacing the ECU, The ECU must be removed from the Holden Data base and new one Recorded to Data base, Also coded and linked to your vehicle, this is what Holden told me when my VZ had ECU issues.

I am a Mechanic but have since left trade, also spent a few years spinning spanners for Holden before the Alloytec's were released, And was happy with the reasoning Holden gave me about the ECU etc... Since new ECU fitted car has never ran better as they loaded all the program updates into it

Ash@DVS

Reaction score
Website
www.dvs.net.au
Members Ride
VE Wagon
When I picked the car up yesterday, they told me it was $1067 inc gst and inc fitting, rather than $1067 + gst + fitting.
This is kinda tolerable (while not ideal).

I'd planned to trade it in on a late VE SV6 wagon, but found a decent one that I just bought (should have it in the next few days) anyway.
I dont think I would be comfortable if I'd gone with a used ECU and to have the new owner have a similar issue (I know it isnt that likely) having only owned it a little while.
I'd much rather hand over a car knowing that it wont be an issue for someone else.

The sole reason for moving the VZ on is that I wanted something with side airbags.

Ash@DVS

Reaction score
Website
www.dvs.net.au
Members Ride
VE Wagon
ECU was replaced on Tuesday. All good, nice to drive again - almost to the point where I dont want to sell it! lol.
The replacement car arrived today, so at least this will be one less thing for the new owner to worry about.

Thanks for your help again, folks.