Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another damn exhaust question

vxs93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX s-pac manual
hey guys i currently have a vx s pac with pacemaker headers and a redback catback with one muffler. i loved how loud it was at first but i would now like my exhaust to be a bit more quiet but still with a good note.

can anyone recommend a good catback exhaust with good flow that will be a bit more quiet, also will changing the y piece give a bit more power as mine is still stock

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
hey guys i currently have a vx s pac with pacemaker headers and a redback catback with one muffler. i loved how loud it was at first but i would now like my exhaust to be a bit more quiet but still with a good note.

can anyone recommend a good catback exhaust with good flow that will be a bit more quiet, also will changing the y piece give a bit more power as mine is still stock

How do you expect anybody on this forum to know what will be quieter? Think about it!
How many decibels is your exhaust note, do you actually know?
There's no point testing it either, as nobody will be able to answer your question.

For better power change the cat (if you haven't already) to one with a legal amount "cells per square inch" & not one of those crappy 100CPSI ebay jobs & then replace the Y pipe to suit.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You could try fitting a resonator at the back like the factory system.

NAAF will no doubt provide a good solution.