Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another exhaust thread

abbotFMX

ƆħȇȇƦ ↑ ἑ(\/)Ø ₭ị₫
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VU GTX Commodore
VU Exhaust

im after an exhaust for my vu commodore v6 thats give a nice crisp note but doesnt sound fake. thinking just cat back for now? new to this stuff

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
yes..... i just put in the redback 2.5 inch system cat back... fairly happy with the result.. the note that it produces is pretty nice.. not loud but noticable ...
in regards to power wise, you can only feel alittle bit only when you take off.. just a little bit more kick in it. only the driver of the car would notice. also if you are doing 2000 revs then you plant your foot there is alittle bit of kickthere too.. when i say little i mean little.. lol

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
so now i am looking at getting in pacemaker extractors. i hear that it will give you higher end power. question is if i put the extractors on would i feel more gains then what i felt just putting in the catback?? if it is only a little bit of difference i think i wouldn't bother with it.. enlighten me on my next move someone....

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
so now i am looking at getting in pacemaker extractors. i hear that it will give you higher end power. question is if i put the extractors on would i feel more gains then what i felt just putting in the catback?? if it is only a little bit of difference i think i wouldn't bother with it.. enlighten me on my next move someone....

Hey mate

With the extractors you will notice it more than the cat back, though still not alot, though if you were to get Ratio Rockers, there probably the best bang for buck, though then you really need extractors and cold air induction, too get the most out of the rockers, so yeah

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw

You will notice it more than the cat back. It is worth getting extractors if you are going to keep moding the car, because extractors compliment most mods like cold air intakes and roller rockers.

lowloudute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu Ute
Hey guys got a quick question.

I'm a newbie with all this exhaust business though whats the difference between getting a shop to fit an exhaust over getting a pre made one from say HM etc?

It seems that shops can have an exhaust fitted for next to nothing compared to buying a brand name exhaust?

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks,
Brock