Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

another 'outside temp' problem post

flyrye

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s1.5 berlina wagon
Hi all,
I got a s1.5 berlina wagon recently but I'm having issues with the outside temp sensor. A workshop read the codes for me and that's the only one that's come up

When i hit the outside temp button on the console the display just shows 3 dashes.

I've pulled out the sensor (it's through the air vent gap along the bottom of the front bumper on the drivers' side, next to and below the front headlight, right?) & checked the resistance (~440ohm), I applied hot and cold and the resistance changed so it seems ok

I put a bent wire into the connector and checked the outside temp on the console again but no change. Seems to me the sensor is fine and it's something else in that circuit. The connector looks fine, wires going into it look fine.

I traced the cable going into the fuse box - but I couldnt figure out which fuse is the one to check.. any suggestions? And is there anything else I can do to check?

Thedr313

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 SSV SPORTSWAGON
Hi all,
I got a s1.5 berlina wagon recently but I'm having issues with the outside temp sensor. A workshop read the codes for me and that's the only one that's come up

When i hit the outside temp button on the console the display just shows 3 dashes.

I've pulled out the sensor (it's through the air vent gap along the bottom of the front bumper on the drivers' side, next to and below the front headlight, right?) & checked the resistance (~440ohm), I applied hot and cold and the resistance changed so it seems ok

I put a bent wire into the connector and checked the outside temp on the console again but no change. Seems to me the sensor is fine and it's something else in that circuit. The connector looks fine, wires going into it look fine.

I traced the cable going into the fuse box - but I couldnt figure out which fuse is the one to check.. any suggestions? And is there anything else I can do to check?
I had same issue and just replaced it and bravo all good.

flyrye

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s1.5 berlina wagon
Wait, so you're saying your sensor tested working with a multimeter, but it was faulty anyway?

Thedr313

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 SSV SPORTSWAGON
Wait, so you're saying your sensor tested working with a multimeter, but it was faulty anyway?
Didn't go to extremes testing, Just replaced considering how cheap it was and all good. Not saying it's the fix for you but worked for me

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
--- is a faulty sensor. Replace it.