Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Q about my heater!

Stugdum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Ute
G'day all,
I went to backflush my radiator/heater lines etc and thought I would give the system a going over and check everything while I was there and found an issue which I am not sure about. The question I have is, is the tap turned off with the vacuum servo pulled in or out? I presume it is on when it is sucked in, but am not sure. With all my LPG lines and the converter and everything else the heater tap has been relocated and it is going to be a big PITA to get the heater tap out,and I need the car for work tonight so cant start the job now, because I dont have a new tap yet, just need confirmation about which way is on with the tap is about all for now. The reason I ask is, the heater tap is jammed in one position and wont move, but it seems to be stuck in the open position (vacuum servo pulled in), yet when I flushed everything out it was all as clean as a whistle and flowing well, yet the heater is only luke warm at best when its on full. Any help or advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Stugdum

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
When you flushed the system, what makes you think the flow was "clean as a whistle and flowing well"....it's possible that the flow that you observed was not from the heater but from the heater tap bypass which simply re-routes the water when you don't want heat. Your heater tap is probably partially turned on and only allowing a trickle of hot coolant thru the heater. To flush the heater you may need to connect the garden hose to one of the pipes at the bulkhead, not the heater tap.
Check the temp of the 2 brass pipes to the left of your ankle....should be very very hot.

kjholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais with vx kit
duno how to post new thread but this is close enough i have a 97 vt i replaced the heater core as it was leaking then replaced the water pump, thermostat, an heater tap yet i still have no heat in the car yes i have collant in the engine as iv just replaced the motor and trans 2 days ago lol almost ready to use a match to get it hot any ideas on what i might have missed

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
If you go to the VT forum title page you will find a tag that says "post New Thread". Click on that.