Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Roller Rocker Question

sheldo86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRS2 Berlina 3.8
Forgive my ignorance but are the Yella Terra 1.7 ratio Stealth Roller Rockers the only high ratio ones that will fit my VR V6 non-ecotec 3.8??

Will the FIT 1.8 Roller Rocker work on the 3.8 non-ecotec buick with it without any hassels?

I am guessing the higher the ratio the more performance gian I am going to see....

A cam shaft swap is going to cost me around the $1800+ mark (including springs and all the other stuff), which is the reason I am leaning towards high ratio rockers as a cheaper alternative.

Thanks

sheldo86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRS2 Berlina 3.8
bump bump bump

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
The FIT Ecotec Roller Rockers are actually 1.9:1 ratio. As for the Buick V6 I though the highest ratio was 1.65:unsure:. I e-mail Tonsta from FIT a while ago about reason for not have higher ratio RR's for the Buick V6 and he said "They were totally different in the head and rocker design".

sheldo86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRS2 Berlina 3.8
I see... I guess I may be stuck with buying the the 1.7 ratio ones from YT. I've heard good reports and bad about them...

Anyone know how diffcult they are to install?