Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another SV6 Exhuast Question

Dinwoodie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Forester GT, ET Turbo Pulsar, VS 5.0L Ute
Hey everyone,

Sorry for asking something that may have already been asked, i searched and couldn't find the answer.

So i have a VE SV6 Ute, at the moment it has the stock exhaust on it. I have been offered at a wicked price rear mufflers that were custom made for an R8 Clubby, now i know these will bolt up to the flange near the back axle but is it worth the #### around trying to extend them, as i believe the Utes/Wagons are longer than the sedans right?

Has anyone done this before?

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Troy, ur awsome thread isnt that great mate. Well i guess im not use to it just yet but its pretty confusing, and hard to find, werent you gona make it a sticky, maybe i might get use to it but first needs to be sticky IMO.

Dinwoodie - the way i see it is, alltogether, if it costs more then $400, then its not worth it. Just a heads up, it could sound horrible, because on a clubby they might have made a custom 3inch ,or a striaght pipe and both of these sound horrible on a SV6. Goodluck buddy

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
I was trying to get mine cut (SS ute exhaust - so dual tips), and I have a sedan.
Called a few places, was just easier and cheaper to buy ones made for ur car.. So now I have a pair of ute mufflers in my garage lol.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
sell the set on ebay, and buy a second hand set for your ute and you probably won't loose any coin, another guy on here spent $300 at an exhaust shop trying to change em over and it didn't work so wasted abit of money so I wouldnt try that.