Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another vn v6 turbo project thread...

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
yeah, that money isn't being spent. we are keeping it. then it can be used for a rainy day or my son can use it when he is older..
and what is this about child support. ya don't pay that unless you have broken up with ya mrs.

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
oh and while your at it tyson can you post some pics of your fuel reg and what you did

Xadous

V6 turbo tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp v6 Turbo
Hey guys im wanting to know who here is runing there turbo setup with just a riseing rate reg and the std tune and how does it go ?

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i am. last time i drove my car it was running like **** but i think that was the fact that teh battery wasn't holding charge and/or the alternator is buggered. am hopefully going to check it out tomorrow.
other than that it wasn't too bad..
i am going to go for the 2 bar tune soon though..

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
ok i put my reg on last night and just went for a drive, bear in mind i have a chiptorque hp2 chip, set it around 43psi at idle it comes on boost a **** load quicker and has more grunt but still leans out near 7psi.

since this is my toy and its not really daily driven i am going for my exhaust next, then injectors then i will get mine tuned after i get all my **** done

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
nah no vid i been away for a few days. I got a pic of my car dirty as **** after rally drivin it out th bush :p

Attachments

• car dirty.JPG
    car dirty.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 124

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
ok i put my reg on last night and just went for a drive, bear in mind i have a chiptorque hp2 chip, set it around 43psi at idle it comes on boost a **** load quicker and has more grunt but still leans out near 7psi.

since this is my toy and its not really daily driven i am going for my exhaust next, then injectors then i will get mine tuned after i get all my **** done

which reg are you using? mines still pinging a bit even with the timing pulled back and running a 12.6 a/f ratio with less timing running 7psi.
It still fries the tyres with a full car load takin off once the boost hits.
I think the coolers supplied with these kits arent very good.

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
i'm using a monza reg, set it to 43psi at idle till i can get on a dyno but i am also using a chiptorque hp2 chip

Xadous

V6 turbo tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp v6 Turbo
i would of gone a malpassi 1:7:1 reg thouse monza ones fail to keep a constant pressure