Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another vn v6 turbo project thread...

Xadous

V6 turbo tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp v6 Turbo
doo you looking at over 4g for a very tight bottem end just get a acl rebuild kit that will be fine if your chasine big hp go for a bigger turbo on lower boost :p

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
My mechanic just called and i've done a head gasket.
$1500 its gunna cost me all up.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
what the fvkc. drive it to my house and i will do it a lot cheaper than that. that is terrible
i remember a mate of mine got a quote on getting a mechanic to re ring his 5.0L and it would be about 2000. and i thought that was enough money. so a couple of head gaskets on a v6 isn't going to be worht much

boourns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore
lol ok, with that acl rebuild kit, say if i get that, get a full engine rebuild with those parts, how much psi would that be capable of handling?

cracker

Reaction score
**** that 1500, mine cost me under $100 i did it my self, its really easy man, off with the manifold, off with the rocker cover rockers, off with the exhuast manifolds off with the power steering etc, pull the heads check that they are flat clean them clean the block, throw down new head gaskets torque the heads down and shlappa the rest back on ud be able to do it over a week end easy.

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah well too late now, heads are aleady off and gettin checked, that price includes valve springs, vrs kit and headgaskets. Also includes coolant flush and engine flush and a few other little bits and pieces like new sump plug which i needed etc.

cracker

Reaction score
ah well at least it will be done.
mines getting closer should have some pictures of it all plumbed up by the week end, just need some injecotors and a chip.

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
wel guys after running some V8's i have come to a rough estimation of having between 185-200rwhp, not bad for 5psi and untuned :p

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
are you running bigger injectors or a rising rate? I just done a headgasket at 7psi with a rising rate + blue top injectors, so i dont recommend driving it hard before you get something done to the fuel side of things.