Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another vn v6 turbo project thread...

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
ok. no good. mine was doing that but greenfoam changed the tune and it was fine then...

Calais_5sp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
nice1 lowvp, pullin the same power as mine but im only pushin 10psi through it. what turbo are you runnin.
seen ya car at c4c4, did ya see mine?

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
T3/T4, but i think the tuner was a bit slack and really didn't play with the timing and locked it at 28 degrees and nah i didn't see it. so whats your setup roughly?

cracker

Reaction score
not a bad power figure considering the small cooler and the smallish turbo well done

Calais_5sp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
T3/T4, but i think the tuner was a bit slack and really didn't play with the timing and locked it at 28 degrees and nah i didn't see it. so whats your setup roughly?

my setup is pretty much the same except piping is a little different. just got my bigger turbo and 42psi injectors this week ready to put in, just waitin on my new manifolds to be completed b4 i throw it all in. also runnin a haltech.

hey cracker, have you got ur gt3540 up and runnin yet?

cracker

Reaction score
yeah gt35/40s on not tuned though so havent given it the boot, although it seems like its got a bucket load of power, beat a vp v6 manual with exhuast on it with about 50-60% throttle and i had 4 guys in the car, it should go very well im just waiting on getting some injectors then book it in for a tune and its done!

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
ok my last issue now is, when boosting i seem to be pressurising the sump still. the vent is blocked off at the throttle body and is plumbed into the inlet of the turbo as well as a breather T'd into the same line but off the filler cap. the last 2 weeks of daily driving has just pushed oil threw the tappet cover gaskets surely i have missed a vent some where because my last resort is to put a catch can on each tappet cover.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
it could be rings. or a head gasket slightly leaking too..

Calais_5sp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
?? have you got ne pics of the way you have the breather hoses hooked up. is the breather hose that goes from the manifold to the TB diverted and the TB blocked off with a bung???

Attachments

• DSC00155.jpg
    DSC00155.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00110.jpg
    DSC00110.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 188

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
yep, diverted to inlet of turbo. spoke to a mechanic and he thinks its a cracked ring. either way i'm just gonna put a catch can on either tappet cover and wait till i can get some time to do a engine swap.