Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VY diff cradle into a VT question :)

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
So, I know there are a few posts on this, but I didn't see one asking this question. Maybe I didn't look good enough lol.
Here goes...keep in mind I have a VT (obviously)
Forget the explanations of what it does, how to get it, what to do with it and all that, my question is, do I have to take the whole rear end or can I simply take the frame and leave the rest of it? It's just the K-frame yes? When I went to the wreckers for one, the frame alone was $40. I didn't have the right tools with me at the time and they wanted $220 just to remove it themselves lol. So do I need the brakes, the diff etc? Or can I leave all the extra junk behind and take the frame. I don't particularly want the diff anyway coz I have an upgraded 3.45 LSD.

Cheers

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
it only creates a error to counter a design fault

toe in to fix negative camber will still be a problem with tyre wear

even VE 's still suffer from this problem

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
It all comes out as 1 unit, then from there you will have to undo diff,driveshafts,(brakes <if u havent already remove them). so u can just take the cradle but you will have to put all the bits inside the car because they wont bolt back on the car without the cradle(wich u will take)
I brought a vy rear cradle and it came with all the bits but i just took them off and used all my original stuff.
u will need the big U shaped frame but also the bits that the brake rotors are attached to because your original ones on your cradle wont have the holes in them for the ajustment rods to attach to. so just grab the whole thing minus diff-driveshafts-brakes and ull be on your way...sorry not the best explanation but i forgot what all the stuff it called.
Hope that helps.

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
It all comes out as 1 unit, then from there you will have to undo diff,driveshafts,(brakes <if u havent already remove them). so u can just take the cradle but you will have to put all the bits inside the car because they wont bolt back on the car without the cradle(wich u will take)
I brought a vy rear cradle and it came with all the bits but i just took them off and used all my original stuff.
u will need the big U shaped frame but also the bits that the brake rotors are attached to because your original ones on your cradle wont have the holes in them for the ajustment rods to attach to. so just grab the whole thing minus diff-driveshafts-brakes and ull be on your way...sorry not the best explanation but i forgot what all the stuff it called.
Hope that helps.

Na that's a huge help mate!
Cheers!