Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another VY V6 wont start thread.

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
I have a VY Acclaim that wont start. The engine cranks over fine but wont start. There is no spark at the plugs so im guessing Crank Angle Sensor or Ignition Module. The Crank Angle Sensor was replaced less than 2 years ago, so I assume that is still OK. Holden quote $435 for an Ignition Module so I dont want to buy one only to find that wasn't the problem. The car ran fine until it broke down a few days ago. I know people will post that I should try the search button first but everytime I try, it comes up with a message saying no search results were found. Help please?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Surely you know someone that drives a V6 VT, VX, or VY Commodore? Borrow theirs for 5 minutes. Takes 2 minutes to change ignition modules.

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
The car is on dual fuel and wont start on either, but I will check the relay. I have a VS V6 series 2, is that ignition module compatible?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The car is on dual fuel and wont start on either, but I will check the relay. I have a VS V6 series 2, is that ignition module compatible?

I believe it is.