Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Water Leak Question

Welshrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 07
Hi Everyone, new to the forum, I`ve used the search function and gone through the stickies but I can`t find the right answer. My car is an 07 VE Berlina which I have owned from new and the middle of the rear seat base is saturated

402862470.jpg

402862474.jpg

When I pulled the seat out, there was water pooling underneath, in the corners but the boot carpet was dry and the rear floor carpet also appears to be dry. All the gromets and caulked seams, seem to be OK. The rain here, has been Biblical over the last couple of days and the car has been driven and parked up outdoors during it. I park it nose up, on a steep driveway.

I have no idea if this is happening when I driving or when it is parked, I`m pretty sure it`s not coming from anywhere further forward than the rear seat, that would be too much of a step for it to flow over. I`m also sure it`s coming from underneath and is being wicked up by the foam in the seat.

Have any of you experienced this?

Thanks. Rob

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
is the rear window roof lining dry?

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
the rear door bottom drain tubes clear?, from the seat picture it looks to be that the drivers side rear door is pooling up and getting on to the seat.

Welshrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina 07
the rear door bottom drain tubes clear?, from the seat picture it looks to be that the drivers side rear door is pooling up and getting on to the seat.

No they weren`t blocked, but that started me thinking. I had another good look around the car and the first thing I noticed is that my weather strips, the rubber strip that the windows slide up and down against, are cactus on each door, full of splits. Which is disappointing on a 5 year old car.

Then it occured to me that as I am parking nose up at a 45deg angle on my drive, the drain tubes probably won`t work until the door is almost half full of water. Not good.

It appears as though water is draing into the inner sill from either the front or rear (or Both?) doors, just not sure how? the water then drains from the sill into the seat pan and is soaked up by the seat.

So thanks for the tip, Vicarious. I think I might be on the way to fixing this. :idea3: