Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anoying aircon on all speeds

C

calaisalltheway

hi i was wondering if any of you calais owners could tell me if this is normal or if there is a prob.
with my climate control turned on and the air directed through the feet and face vents everything works fine UNTILL i accelerate reasonably hard at which point it automatically changes the air flow to the windscreen and none through the vents!! This is very anoying and im not sure if its ment to or if there is a prob
thanks in advance

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Chances are you've got a vacuum leak somewhere, and when you accelerate you're losing that vacuum and the air will change direction to the default position. If it is a leak it's only going to get worse, to the point where you will not get any air coming out of the front vents even with the foot off the go pedal. The leak can be anywhere from the heater tap, vacuum tank, vacuum lines or even the solenoids under the dash. Do a search in the Airconditioning sub-forum for some pointers.

C

calaisalltheway

dam i was hoping i didnt have to fix it haha
o well thanks for your help mate

technokit27

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais
i have the same problem but cant find anything in the air con section. Any help would be much apreciated.

C

calaisalltheway

when i get some time after christmass im going to look into it, ill post my findings then ok mate, if you find yours first lol post it for me!! haha

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
sounds possibly like the solenoid assembly located behind glove box area. if you lay upside down in the pass front feet area and look up under dash (after removing the black kick tray) you'll see the heater box and fan assembly. at the back of that there will be a solenoid pack with vac lines and i think a wiring loom to it. i suspect that will be your fault. you could probably get one from the wreckers as genuine one's tend to be a bit pricy.

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
argh my air con does the same! its very annoying... but it seems to only do it 2nd gear and up, usually if it revs anywhere past about 1.5k

did you get it sorted? let me know the outcome please!

D

davids_1978

I have the same problem; it changes to the windscreen vents under the slightest acceleration. Looking forward to someone posting a solution/repair post.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
I had the exact same problem on my VS. Air would be directed to the feet setting under acceleration. Turned out the solenoid pack had died, replaced that and everything has been fine since.