Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Antenna stuck

SHIFTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
the antenna doesn't want to go back down. Its just stuck. any suggestions greatly appreciated. (its electronic so did'nt want to force it down).

Cheers,

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
li have no idea but i have an elec antenna laying around if you wanna replace it.. make an offer

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
How long has it been stuck for? A while ago mine didnt want to go down, so I left it and the next day it worked fine. I think it did that twice over a few days and hasnt since.

SHIFTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
Thanks for the offer. I never use the antenna, it just looks like a fuc**** stupid.

I'll see what I could do. Keep the offer open.

Cheers mate

SHIFTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
It happened on Saturday. Tried like you the next day, and the next; still the same. I'll trie to push it down lightly and press the button.

Does your antenna go automatically up at start up and immediately backup down? Cause mine does.

Cheers,

P

pauleee

can you hear the antenna motor going? if you can then it could be that the mast cable has broken... its a common problem.

SHIFTA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice
can't hear the motor anymore. what else could I look at?

Cheers,

P

pauleee

fuse for the antenna, and the connecting wires to the antenna - check that there is power going to the antenna.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Its probably your module. I've had to replace my module once now the new one is stuffed as well. Originally the module was stuck on down so when i press the button to make the aerial go up, it comes straight back down. Now it wont go down except when i turn the radio off. What you can do is override the module and then the antenna goes up when u turn the radio on, and down when u turn the radio off. The module is located behind the kick panel, but its up quite high near the glovebox.