Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any mechanical problems etc on VZ??

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
not really important but my O2 sensors (well, front left) went at 68,000 so i just replaced them both

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
mines done 150,000KM
had to replace the thermostat & water pump.
although this may have had something to do with me using John Deere tractor coolant (for cast iron engine blocks) on an alloy engine, the alloytec. lesson here is, dont do what i did, as it costs you shite loads in parts and more specifically labour (thermostat is in THE most inaccessible place ever on an alloytec)
but apart from that, no issues with oxy sensors or anything else.

no i found a worse one, the drivers side oxy sensor plug is practically impossible on the 4sp autos

TGM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec '05
I've had mine since 60,000km and it's just about to tick over 100,000km. (30 k's to go!)

I haven't had any problems. It does have a noisy diff, my mechanic reckons that it's fine and alot of VZ's have this.

The stock rims are shithouse, get some that you can put wider tyres on and grip will be heaps better. Used to get wheel spin all the time in the wet, and I was being pretty careful with the throttle. My tyres may have also been crap, but alloys look better than stockies anyway. (This isn't really a huge problem but can be annoying when taking off from a stop up a hill in the wet.)

mdmatt

mdmatt
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 LS1 Auto VZ SSZ 328.6rwhp
Just don't go manual ^_^