Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any problem solving with the start button in the VF?

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Hi all thinking of buying a VF Holden I'm just wondering if there has been any real problems with the push start button? I know about the reading and writing issue and the other posted problem with someone having issues with the starting related to the break and start button but wanting to know if there are any other issues or has it been relatively problem free. Any thought would be appreciated. Thank you.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Hi all thinking of buying a VF Holden I'm just wondering if there has been any real problems with the push start button? I know about the reading and writing issue and the other posted problem with someone having issues with the starting related to the break and start button but wanting to know if there are any other issues or has it been relatively problem free. Any thought would be appreciated. Thank you.
Had a 2017 for over five years. No problems. Haven’t heard of one either.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Over 5 years and 85k km and no problems at all.

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
My daily is VF1 MY15 no starter button issues

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Thank you all good to know really appreciate your replys. Cheers.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
GenF MY15... NOT a problem

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Thank guys. Just bought a vf storm ute auto drove it around a bit before buying seemed good but on the way home I noticed a small shutter sometimes when speeding up more noticeable when going up a hill any ideas of what it could be?
There is no noise with it, no movement in gear box that I can feel, no grinding noise coming from the diff, doesn't seen like the motor is moving could it be a vacuum hose, catalytic converter or something like that maybe even plugs or leads. It almost seem like the injections maybe any help on what it is would be much appreciated. I'll put it in and have someone check it out. It's under warranty so they should fix what ever it is just hoping its no a big issue and easy fix. Thanks.

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Hi guys,
This was from another post that is a similar thing.
Just bought an ex cop 2012 ve ii omega from the auctions and i have noticed it is doing some found this post a bit the same:
worrying things. Main thing i have noticed is when driving around 60-85km p/hr occasionally it will make a shutter noise as i accelerate which was last a second or two and then run fine. It happens most when the car might be driving up a slight incline or if i let it slow down from 80km to 65km and then start climbing again it will have a few second shutter. but thought id hopefully get some sort of idea what could be the issue from you guys on here.

some mentioned it could be the torque converter.

thanks!

Last edited: