Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any sugestions

S

steve5610

i have just bought a vy ss crewman for work i am not sure what to do to get it moving i have put on cold air induction , had the air flow metering block modifies and fitted a 3 'big bore system as well as extractors . the fuel economy is down to aprox 300ks per tank but the performance has not got any better if any one can sugest what i should do i would apreciat the help thanks steve...

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
I know the economy on these things are bad but 300km:my:

Modern cars have a feature in their ECU called On Board Diagnostics or OBD. The Commodore uses either the ODB2 or ODB3 standard on their ECU's depending on model.

What this means is that, should you, say increase wheel rolling resistance and mass, then the computer will detect this through additional engine load and try to compensate for it.

It does all this whilst also trying to maintain emmissions.

The solution would therefore be to change everything back or reprogram the ECU to reflect the new parameters in which it should operate.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
steve5610 said:
i have just bought a vy ss crewman for work i am not sure what to do to get it moving i have put on cold air induction , had the air flow metering block modifies and fitted a 3 'big bore system as well as extractors . the fuel economy is down to aprox 300ks per tank but the performance has not got any better if any one can sugest what i should do i would apreciat the help thanks steve...
one and ony word "supercharger"