Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone dislocated a shoulder?

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
How soon is the big day? Might pop it out again on the big night....

thats when they get top...

i broke my shoulder (i know thats different to dislocation) but i was in a sling for 14 weeks.

a mate from work stacked his motie on the way to work and dislocated his shoulder, was back at work within 2 weeks. all depends how bad you did it i assume. it'll never be the same again though.

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
I dislocated my shoulder at the fairly weak end of the spectrum. I didn't go in for surgery but had a lot of physio. It was a few years ago now but every now and then I have to go to physio to get the knots in the muscle massaged out.

At the risk of stating the obvious don't skimp on the physio! It hurts and is boring but it sure beats constant aches and pains.

Mike

B

BXHD

i dislocated my shoulder about 4/5 years ago. i was riding a horse, i jumped off, it got a fright and ran off behind me and pulled me to the ground. i got up and my arm was hanging. it didnt hurt at first, i guess i was in shock a bit. then i tried to bend my arm and i stretched the tendons more.
i went to hospital and was waiting for over an hour with out painkillers for a doctor and an xray. i passed out from the pain lol.
then i got put to sleep and they popped it back in.
i was in more pain the next day, just sitting in the car, with slight bumps was agony. and the pain killers i had gave me a headache! awsm!
any way, i think i had it in a sling for a week, i was ment to have it in longer but i got sick of it. i wasnt allowed to move it at all. then i went to physio and got told to lift my arm up and it was REALLY hard, the joint siezed. i did excercises with a big elastic type band and then i started lifting a torch, LOL. and then really light weights. but my shoulder is completely F**ked to this day. i couldnt sleep on that side for about a year and every morning i would get up and it would click and pop. the thought of it makes me wanna vomit. and it has been fine the last few months until last week, i must have slept on it funny and itl have this uncomfortable feeling in it, then il streatch, and it will pop and hurt, but then feel a little better.

however my dad dislocated his shoulder really badly and he does weights at least three times a week, does dirt bike riding, footy, etc and his has never played up because he is really active. i think if i worked on it hard it might get a bit more normal. but i think i left it too late. and its ended up giving me neck problems because i favour that arm all the time, even 5 years later.. that work safe ad with the girl dislocating her shoulder makes me sick to my stomach!!

any way, good luck with ur shoulder. just dont be lazy like me and really work hard at physio and u should be ok. apparently mine is so bad because it was left out of the socket for so long the tendons really stretched badly.
Geesh, essay much? lol.

did u get it put back into the joint quickly?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ok quick summary.

Going in for surgery due to the damage caused and lack of feeling in upper arm.

Recovery is meant to be 10x faster after surgery which is even better. I have no license now due to Dr not trusting me to NOT drive for next 4 weeks haha.

Have to say, without private health insurance it would suck to injure yourself.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
apparently mine is so bad because it was left out of the socket for so long the tendons really stretched badly.

shoulders dislocate in different ways. as it was explained to me, it's possible to dislocate your shoulder without tearing all the ligaments off the cartilage. some people get lucky. but if you do, no amount of weights or rehab is going to fix that - surgery is the only option.

millaz88

wishin me v6 was blown :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
dislocated my shoulder yrs ago still does it every 5-6 months still hurts like **** every time ya just learn not to go into deep water from fear of drowning lol other then that its not that bad :) i just dont put it above me head as much as posible

jahan_86vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 vl berlina
that work safe ad with the girl dislocating her shoulder makes me sick to my stomach

Same! Every time that comes on I look away at that part

Iv done my right shoulder 4 times over last 2 years, it feels ok these days but I will have to get it checked out if it starts to hurt again, I tend to sleep on my left side and it makes a cracking noise every now an then,