Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone got a pic of VX II IRS control link..???

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
I got November 2000 VX so i suppose its a series I.... rear tyres show that it is.... i read in the forum about series II having a control link to correct this problem.... can I fit a series II control link to my VX series I ???? I would like to see a pic of this control link if anyone has one...

Optimus_Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Clubsport R8
I think its not as easy as just 'attaching a control link'... i read some place its more like replacing most of the rear end and is very expensive, someone correct me if im wrong.

I got a 4 point adjustable camber kit installed in my s1 VX S when i had it lowered... the camber is about the same as it was with factory FE2 & in 6 months hasnt noticeably worn the tires any more than they would normally.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
but what is normal..?? how many klms of normal driving would anyone get out of a set of tyres??

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
I'd say it depends on how you drive and what tyres you use. The "grippier" tyres wear a little quicker due to being a softer compound. I run yoko A539 (which they don't make any more) and rotate my tyres regularly and get about 35000km out of them. I have a VT series II unmodified height, 15" wheels.

Do you carry much weight in the rear, or passengers offten. This causes the wheels to goto a more aggresive negative camber and wear tyres quicker too.

El Barto

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Commodore Equipe
I have a series 1 VX Equipe (May 01). To date I have gotten 66k out of the RE92s that we on it when I purchased the vehicle new.

I have rotated the tyres regularly and dodn't smash them about. I also regularly check tyres pressures etc. i.e good preventive maintenance.

I am about to replace them as it is getting close to the legal limit. I have not noticed any abnormal wear patterns on my tyres during the life of the car. My car has not been modified (i.e changes to the IRS) and is still standard (abeit the spolier).

Regards,

Bart :coolpimp:

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i read that someone said the irs wear problem doesnt start untill 120,000 klms...