Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone got one of these exhausts????

lxhatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais, mitz triton

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
As if you're gonna buy an exhaust off ebay mate. $330 plus postage, no thanks.

Get one cheaper including fitting at a local exhaust place... A place that knows what they're talking about not just some backyard ebay seller.

Hey

Yeah your exactly right mate, you would also get a tip on the exaust for $300 at most places, i payed $280 for one on my VY with chrome tip...

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
eeeek, it does'nt even have a brand either.

expect to pay around $250-$380 for a good branded cat back system, exhaust tip and installation at any local exhaust shop.

lxhatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais, mitz triton
i live in the country and the only shop that was anygood is now retired, and none of them cam do 3' let alone do make 3' mandrel exhaust for that, nearest would proubly be ballarat and thats 250ks away.......

that is why asked if anyone had one and what the quality was like......

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
i woudlnt bother with ebay for exhuast parts. like VN2NV said... its cheaper to get it done locally

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
there nothing wrong with some of the zorsts of ebay this is the guy i got my twin 3" off
check out this guy he is no back yard guy he is a real shop scotts rod shop in QLD
they are X force they are a good system mendral bends
i dont think you will get a shop to do a custom 3" with mendral bends for $300
COMMODORE VN VP VR VS V8 3" CAT BACK SPORTS EXHAUST - eBay Full Systems, Exhausts, Turbo, Performance Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Feb-08 13:55:43 AEDST)

Actually yes just about any exhaust shop that sells X Force will do a system for the same price as that one on ebay... Fitted. Its not a custom exhaust if its a X force system, its just a pre-fab exhaust.

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
Actually yes just about any exhaust shop that sells X Force will do a system for the same price as that one on ebay... Fitted. Its not a custom exhaust if its a X force system, its just a pre-fab exhaust.
yes a shop that sells X force will do it for that price but you have to find a shop that is a X force distributor
no joke I no its pre fab but thats why they are cheaper then a shop that makes one from scratch
just because they are pre fab doesnt mean they arent good
and the original poster lives in a country town so his local shop wound have X force systems

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
COMMODORE VN VP VR VS IRS V8 6CYL 3" SPORTS EXHAUST KIT - eBay Full Systems, Exhausts, Turbo, Performance Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 26-Feb-08 10:53:34 AEDST)

just want to know if any one on here has or has used on of these exhausts?
looking to put it on v8 vr auto with mods; air filter, extractors,

want to know quality? did it drown at 100klms?
cheers in advance.....

If you are putting it on a V6, don't bother. Look for a 2 1/2" instead. If it's for a V8, go for it. It seems that it is more economical for you to get this rather than drive 250kms and get one that would be very similar anyway.

I see it has a 2 year warranty, that is what all mild steel systems have as well, so you are covered for 2 years against faulty materials or workmanship. Just make sure you fit it correctly and keep it up as high as possible.