Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone had trouble with HID colour being too blue. just need some advice

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Pictured - Low beam 8000k high beam 10000k.

BUT .. this gets you the blue colour you are looking for, but when I asked for HID's I knew little and just took what they recommended. I wanted better lights, they must have thought I wanted to be colourful lol...

Forget the blue, I've since switched to 5000k on both and visibility is far better... blue is only barely visible and only from some angles, its not going to do anything for you cosmetically but the light is stronger.

dakster-albums-vs-berlina-project-picture112395-hid-headlamps-side-view-they-have-only-been-10-seconds-takes-about-minute-most-blueness-disappear-they-warm-up.JPG
They dont look like projector headlights?
Thats a major defect if I'm correct?

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
You'll just being blinding everyone in reflector style lights even though legal in projectors without self leveling you won't blind everyone

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
ahk..just wondering as my mate recently got done for having them in non self leveling headlights..

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
4,300K is OEM.

I got 4,300K aftermarket and it puts white light with hint of yellow on a white wall. On grey walls or most things out on roads it looks like just white light, especially off street signs. Looking at the projector they look pure white.

Close enough mate. Yeh the OEM ones are great. i think that range is good factory or aftermarket.

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
ahk..just wondering as my mate recently got done for having them in non self leveling headlights..

Very unlikely you'll get done with them in projectors unless they are 8000k plus. My ballasts are built into my caps so all looks factory

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
They dont look like projector headlights?
Thats a major defect if I'm correct?

Yeah they are illegal. If you adjust them lower and further to the left they don't bother people though, and the cops didn't seem to care. The light was still way better than original, even adjusted in a less than ideal position.

The only reason I posted that pic was to show the OP the colour difference. They have since been changed.

I now have 5000k H4s (not HID) in the low/high beam, and only have HID in the H1 sockets. Its a good compromise, it allows me to adjust the lights correctly again, and the 5000k HID high beam is awesome in places where its needed and not bothering anyone. I just don't use high beam unless its actually needed.. treat it like spotlights.

With the modern reflectors in those aftermarket glass lens VS lights, the light is much better too, even with standard globes.

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Last I checked VS was H4 o_O

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
oops lol my bad yeah H4 have fixed that now thanks :)