Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone installed Axxess ASWC (Steering Wheel Control) in a VY/VZ? Need Help!

Luminous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
I just upgraded the HU in my VZ and got a JVC R900BT (sweeeet) that supports steering wheel control. I purchased an Axxess ASWC to hook up to it, but according to the flashing lights guide, it's not detecting that the green/white wire is connected. Has anyone successfully installed one of the Axxess systems in a VY/VZ? if so, which wires did you connect? As per their website for the Pontiac GTO I have the:

ground to ground
red control to red
grey/red to ground
green/white to pin 11 of the ISO
ground to pin 12 of the ISO, and
brown swc to blue/yellow on the JVC

All wires are making contact where they should: the HU works, the ASWC is getting power (flashing at me so has power/ground), the antenna goes up and down etc. I'm at a loss.

Any help/suggestions?

dean086

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
hey mate. Try connecting the grey/red to pin 12 of the ISO. that should make the difference. If it doesn't auto detect, go through the manual program as per instructions.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I just upgraded the HU in my VZ and got a JVC R900BT (sweeeet) that supports steering wheel control. I purchased an Axxess ASWC to hook up to it, but according to the flashing lights guide, it's not detecting that the green/white wire is connected. Has anyone successfully installed one of the Axxess systems in a VY/VZ? if so, which wires did you connect? As per their website for the Pontiac GTO I have the:

ground to ground
red control to red
grey/red to ground
green/white to pin 11 of the ISO
ground to pin 12 of the ISO, and
brown swc to blue/yellow on the JVC

All wires are making contact where they should: the HU works, the ASWC is getting power (flashing at me so has power/ground), the antenna goes up and down etc. I'm at a loss.

Any help/suggestions?

If you have an problems and can't solve them on your own or from idea's on here, just duck down to your local autobarnz, they install this kind of thing all the time...did it on mine took em about 15 minutes for my headunit + steering wheel controls

dradyoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 auto/custom
How did we go with this, did this work?

KiwiGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2003
Upgraded all things audio in my VY a few weeks ago (Head-unit, Amp, S-Woof, Front/Rear Woofers, Axxess after market steering wheel control unit). Had a hard time with the axxess-1. Emailed their support about it and they gave me the GTO guide which turned out was all you need to figure it out. I gave them pictures to help publish a commodore guide.
Below is a picture I made to help show them the wiring of the VY commodore head-unit. With only one minor change from the GTO guide. (large pic so I thought it best shared as a link)
Below is what my stock unit looked like
Radio.jpg

If anyone has any questions on anything audio with the 2003 VY feel free to ask. I live in NZ so I know how much of a pain it is finding resources available within NZ.
Hope this helps :)

bexnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden commodore berlina series 2
Thank you Kiwiguy you saved out bacon, got out unit wire into our 04 VY commodore in 1/2hr amazing.