Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone know about debts for courses

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
hey guys thanks for the reply to be honest cant remember all the specifics i remember prices lol the course is 4 months and apprently after that u start earning 89k a year

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
hey guys thanks for the reply to be honest cant remember all the specifics i remember prices lol the course is 4 months and apprently after that u start earning 89k a year

I went to uni for 4 years in the industry, and my starting salary was 47k lol. It's a nice spiel, but they're talking you becoming a consultant. A full time job with any of those qualifications straight up and 50-55k is more realistic in the current market. Then with experience you can start to expect those salaries.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
yeah i didnt really believe the 89k part lol maybe eventually haha but yeah cant really go to uni got no TER

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
yeah i didnt really believe the 89k part lol maybe eventually haha but yeah cant really go to uni got no TER
That's irrelevant, there are numerous bridging courses you can do at TAFE (6 months) that will make you eligible as a mature age student.

If you want to goto uni, then call up the uni and ask what needs to be done. I went to uni with plenty of people who never finished high school. TER/UAI only matters when you're 18-21.

If not, then look at what the express IT course offers, and see if you can get those accreditations at TAFE.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Upon looking up these courses, it seems most of them are offering Microsoft or Linux certifications. Most of which can be done at TAFE, or the books purchased and the test done at an independant testing centre, for barely a quarter of the price of what you'll be paying.

MCSA, MCP, Cisco, RHCE etc etc can all be attained at various TAFE's around the country. All these qualifications are internationally recognised, and where you get them is irrelevant. The Express IT course may be worth it, but I'd certainly look into what other options are out there, everything they offer can be attained for much cheaper. It just depends on whether you're happy doing a few courses over a year, instead of doing it in 3-4 months that they offer. Or if you're a keen learner, do it at home.

Exactly. TAFE is much better value for money, and much more enjoyable. Like anything else, Express IT is a business, so naturally they are going to want the highest and fastest student turnover that they can churn out.

I'm getting my Diploma Of Networking in I.T. for about $800 a semester at CIT (TAFE in Canberra), and it's a two year full time course. $26,000 in four months? ... !!! And being a TAFE, they have much better student options and representatives (i.e. money, accommodation...).

TAFE is also more hands on and practical. TAFE may even subsidise or give you good opportunities on some of your classes, for example, I was offered the chance to attend a Cisco class that would cost $4000 to any company for only $600.

Also what happens if you drop out (not speculating or anything here!). You'll still owe them $26,000.

Even if you just took general short courses, you would get a very good feel for what is expected of you, and at a very good price.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
ahh kk thanks for the info guys maybe tafe is the way to go than will call up today sometime

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Do not be fooled by the promise of employment at the end of these private courses that cost $1000's. Hidden in the contracts you sign it pretty much has wording to the effect you only get a job if blah blah blah...and even then there is no guarantee.

I have spoken to people who did these $26K IT courses and are still unemployed or ended up employed in other industries (factory hand, shop assistant etc.)

What people need to understand is these Companies that offer these courses are actually a business and there to make money. Like any business they will lure customers anyway they can, especially as they charge so much for their courses. They don't care if you end up with a job or even pass their courses, they just want your money.

Anyone wishing to gain higher education is really better off studying at University or TAFE etc.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
ahh kk thanks for that i was wondering does anyone know of like a traineeship for computing