Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone know anything about guitar amps?

Panya

Im..a..BANaNnA!!11!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II 3.8Ltr
what model esp are you looking at? the esp models are really nicely finished off, but that being said, so are the gibson explorers.

what sort of stuff do you play?

Not to sure which ESP i will be going for atm, something like this would be awsome!!!!:wax:

The ESP Guitar Company :: ESP Standard Guitars - FX

however they are abit pricey, im under the assumption you dont need a 2k guitar to make good music, and you dont, but its nice to have good gear.:thumbsup:

Somewhat of a metal man, metallica, acdc, gunners etc. but also like playing stuff like vai, buckethead etc, like the nice melodic solo sort of stuff, depends on what mood im in and how baked i am really haha, i prefer the tones of the gibsons/ephiphones, nice clean all round rock tones, however i have played my mates randy rhoads signature jackson, that thing is a nice guitar, but for over 2k worth it should be.

jacksonrr125thann.jpg

groberr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr equipe
yeah just strip the resolder then it should be sweet

i myself just bought a ibanez destroyer dt700 it is amazinggg!

atm im saving up for a randall g3 plus half stack

do we have like a show your guitar gear thread? if not we should make one!

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
yeah just strip the resolder then it should be sweet

i myself just bought a ibanez destroyer dt700 it is amazinggg!

atm im saving up for a randall g3 plus half stack

do we have like a show your guitar gear thread? if not we should make one!

agreed mate, i'll let you set it up though :whistling

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
yer a pic will help man, but just solder the wires together and heatshrink.

off topic,

Who here plays??

im currently looking at upgrading from my Epiphone SG "Limited" to either an explorer or an esp, have to decide.

I been playing guitar since about 2002, haven't had much time to pick it up in the last 6 months though. I've got a Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus and Fender Aerodyne Telecaster. Ampwise I have a Marshall JCM 900 2x12" combo.

Bought the Les Paul and the amp while I was still in high school, my part time job was entirely dedicated to funding my music gear :yeah:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
i produce music and have been looking at guitars for awhile now... is it possible to get a guitar with midi ?? like the keyboards such as my motif etc.. it would be cheaper for me to use a vst amp then buy an amp..

i can play a vst guitar but nothing like the real thing :D

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I played guitar heaps through highschool, but haven't really picked it up for the last few years. Still have all the gear though

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i produce music and have been looking at guitars for awhile now... is it possible to get a guitar with midi ?? like the keyboards such as my motif etc.. it would be cheaper for me to use a vst amp then buy an amp..

i can play a vst guitar but nothing like the real thing :D

I've run my guitar through an audio interface and played around with it in Logic. I think I was using a plugin 'Amplitube'. Can't remember the specifics as it wasn't my setup.

Failing that you could look at a line6 pod or a behringer v-amp