Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know how good 19's fit VS?

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Hey guys,
Looking at buying some 19's, anyone know if they will fit VS with no mods? (Guard Rolling etc..) thx guys.

datska

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
hey maxxiz, they should fit ok, depending on how low your car is.. my vs is lowered on king superlows with the back compressed another 50mm. i had 20's on the car and the back rubbed like a ****...

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Thanks mate, Its not lowered yet, thats why.. Getting rims first and then lowering it as much as the rim will allow. Prob just gonna go SL all round.

datska

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
sl will sit high, mine did. could go ssl, and it might even sit alright.. then again.. its only $55 a guard. :)

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Yeah sorry, meant SSL.. Was thinking SSL Front and UL rear but think it will sit way too low at the back, especially when full tank or 3 people in the back seat. So probably just SSL all round.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
check the offset of the rims too sometimes they can be out by a couple of mm, which is just enough to rub like crazy

akuma

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8T Executive
My mate has 19x10 on the rear with 265,30 19's and they dont rub, he has had his guards slightly rolled but it has been lowered about 4-5 inches.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
My mate has 19x10 on the rear with 265,30 19's and they dont rub, he has had his guards slightly rolled but it has been lowered about 4-5 inches.

Does the car ever move? Cause 4-5 inches would almost have my ute body sitting on the ground?

Bzerk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Hey guys,
Looking at buying some 19's, anyone know if they will fit VS with no mods? (Guard Rolling etc..) thx guys.

I've got 20''s on my VS Calais and they fit good with 225 rubber but I wouldn't go 2 low in the front coz wen I turn full lock it sometimes rubs. U should b fine just careful with ur choice of rubber.

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Thx for ur help guys, lookin at some tht are off a VU ute, will they fit well? He said they come with spacers also if I wanted..