Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know how much to rebuilt vn v8 manual gearbox!

low_vn_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive v8
Was wondering if anyone has had there gearbox rebuilt to see how much it has costed and what they had done cause i have seen a rebuilt manual for $950 the gears and syncros are good new bearings and seals want to see if this is a normal price or someone who works in the rebuilding buisness and only getting money back for parts thanks heaps. :thumbsup:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
That price sounds about right for parts. A whole set of Synchro's cost me $200 (or so) and it was $850 for a brand new gearset

low_vn_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive v8
thanks heaps for that i sort of guessed he must work at a rebuilding place to sell them that cheap

cheers

Commyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
I was qouted just over 600 to have my Borg-Warner T5 rebuilt.

low_vn_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive v8
damn thats pretty cheap :) should just go to a gearbox place and ask how much it is to rebuild it than work it out from there i should of done home work first thanks heaps for your replys most appreciated ;)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
It depends where you go. I got told it is cheaper to do a changeover, which was going to cost me $2000, and they keep my old box.

Doing it yourself (or through mates) is heaps cheaper, if you know the right people.

low_vn_v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive v8
got quoted 750 - 800 today from diff lapping today i got a few prices from wreckers and they said 1100 but not knowing klms travelled and what condition they were in so i think i am going to go with diff lapping then i can get a diff service while it is there not knowing when it was done last it is sort of something you sort of forget to check lol i am a big colprate for that excuse the typing had a memory blank on spelling lol.

cheers for your info most appreciated

kirks_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
yea guessing its a t5 trans, you should be able to get it rebuilt for around a gran. dont bother with exchange unless you need the box urgently as they are more expensive