Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know how to remove arial up down buttons?

HSV557

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 215i Senator M6
Heya anyone know how to remove the up down buttons for the antenna? Also wondering if its connected to that inner lining. They aren't working any more and i need the space. (Refer to pic)

Thanks

Attachments

• Arial buttons.jpg
    Arial buttons.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 250

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
undo the center console and remove it or if like most of the time,there's no screws in the bottom of the stereo surround, just slid the center console back,than remove the stereo surround (remove the bottom screws if they are in there) from the dash and look at the back,they just clip into that.

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Step by step guide as I did this a few moments ago to paint my surround.

Remove trim around gear selector / stick. This pulls up from the back near the arm rest first and then off. Take the ash tray out first (pulls out) and you have an auto, it's easier in 2nd location.

Undo the 3 screws at the bottom of the stereo surround (under the pocket) and this then pulls forwards and off around the stereo and heater controls.

Unplug the aerial wires from the switches, and you'll see push down clips top n bottom that hold the buttons in. Push these in and push the switches forwards and voila!!!

HSV557

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 215i Senator M6
Ah yeah i think i worked it out, just didn't know what to do with the leather, because it comes off as one whole thing from some button clips under the centre console lid as shown in pics. BTW its a manual 6, and the surround comes off differently too. (Refer to pics)

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 2011-06-12 14.59.42.jpg
    2011-06-12 14.59.42.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 2011-06-12 15.00.12.jpg
    2011-06-12 15.00.12.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 264

HSV557

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 215i Senator M6
Ill have a go at it tomorrow or after the footy if there's still light. Just wondering though, will I mess up the power window set up if I go pulling it apart?