Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know how to remove/replace VE Auto Gear Stick?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Just bought myself a genuine Holden red/black leather auto gearstick for my VE Ute 2008 and was seeing if anyone had a video or a reliable source of how to correctly change them over or if its worth getting it done professionally?

$T2eC16dHJHIE9nysfBZFBQ9NmyyfcQ~~60_12.JPG

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
If it's anything like the manual knob you just pull up really really hard. And try not to whack yourself on the head when it lets go... or so I've heard people say :p

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
There is a screw behind the knob facing the dash. Once that is out pry the knob open and pull out the safety pin. From there lift up and it will come out easily. The other method the guys have advised does break the one your removing.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Yeah, did this myself a few months back. I reckon you have to get a screw driver and stick it into the top corner of the button, then the opposite corner to get it out, then you can get to that screw enforcer was talking about. Then the pin down the bottom, and she slides straight off.

Mine came with instructions.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Here is some information on how to change an Automatic Gear knob.

www.carmodder.com • Changing an Automatic Gear Knob for the Holden VE Commodore

You will need a small flatheaded screwdriver to unclip the button near the top of the knob, remove the button, and then find the screw that holds the knob backing in place.

image.php
image.php

Remove the screw, remove the backing, and find the circlip that holds the knob in place.

image.php
image.php

Remove the circlip, and pull the knob off from the shaft.

Hope this helps.