Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know of any places that repair amps in SA?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Hi guys,
after our frist rainy day in god knows how long, one of my mates discovered his boot rubbers were stuffed and hence his amp was damaged by water. Its a cadence 4ch, and he tells me the 2 channels going to the sub arent working but the 2 going to the speakers are. I just told him to disconnect it completely for now.

So does anyone know of anywhere in Adelaide that will take a look at the amp and repair it if need be? (Hopefully being not too pricey :yeah: )

Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
car audio services main north road
adept electronic main north road also
both charge 55-85 bux quote fee
sometimes its not worth fixing sometimes it is
its only a cadence might not be worth repairing if parts cost lots

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I'm with daron just go get a new amp, the price to repair it will out way a new one. Might I suggest getting a response amp. Plus if this one isn't complete stuffed he can keep it or ebay bay it for money towards the new one.

Just my thoughts.

gibbo1402

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 limited edition
Either that or have a go at fixing it yourself.. if it is water damage it is most likely going to be blown componants (most likely a transistor) or if real serious a blown track on the PCB (printed circuit board) . the problem should be fairly obvious when you open it up, ie melted legs, black burn like marks. if you have a lil bit of practice with a soldering iron it shouldnt be to hard to fix. most componant should be available from jaycar (if this store is in your area) or somewhere of the sort.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
i might open it up and have a look, and if its easy to fix i might do it. I'm just a little weary to do it because the amp isn't mine.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Try this place -
DJM Electronics
Shop 1 543 Churchill Rd Kilburn SA 5084
ph: (08) 8349 6308

It's just south of the Grand Junction Rd and Churchill Rd intersection.

His prices are very reasonable if you are not in a hurry for it. It will be easier to repair if you can tell him why it failed too. I have had an amp and head unit fixed by him about 2 years ago and he did an excellent job.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Ah yes thats the guy i was looking for. My dad used to have a caryard around there and I'm pretty sure that guy used to fix all his radios for him. I was trying to find out who it was but dad couldnt remember the name.

Cheers for that mate ill get in contact with him

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
adept electronics on main north road is where i got told to go from strathfield

i have 2 amps that i really need fixed.. ones an Alpine V12 4ch amp and when it powers up it goes straight into protect mode.
the others a Kenwood 2ch one and wont even power up.. any ideas? or should i just take it to one of the above mentioned places?
sorry for hijacking