Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone seen new radios with volume on right side?

holdenrules

Reaction score
Has anyone seen an aftermarket setup that has the volume control on the right side of the unit? I would like to install one with MP3, etc. to replace the Eurovox.

All of them at JB, Strathfield, etc. have it on the left side, but the oriignal factory radios made by Eurovox have it on the right ...

And before someone says "steering wheel controls", that is not an option ...

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
I havnt ever seen an aftermarket HU with the volume on the right hand side. Im assuming you want it on the right side so you dont have to reach over to change the volume? I just use my remote which prevents that problem.

Maybe look into other eurovox head units. I know they make aftermarket ones so maybe they keep the volume on the right side on them. Otherwise you might be out of luck

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Buy a H/U with a remote then it doesn't mater where anything on the H/U is.
Plus after a week with the remote you will have it memorised and then you don't have to take your eyes off the road to change channel, skip track ect. Plus most of the H/U that come with remote are a little more up market so you will be getting a better quality H/U as well.

extremeaudiowa

Reaction score
The reason most of them are not on that side is because we feed off US technology for our Car audio Products. The truth is most of the worlds Car Audio sales are in the US so most the products are designed for these vehicles. We just have to lump it in most cases.

This is straight from Pioneer Japan. I work For Pioneer Australia and asked the same question to them about 12 months ago.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
sanyo did one with dial on right hanb side about 18 +months ago

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
sanyo isnt to bad actually very reliable never had any come back with probs
the newer ones i dont like as much but the older ones 12-18 month ago were great

extremeaudiowa

Reaction score
Sanyo used to be ok... Then they hit a bad patch like most elec companies do and now i think they are ok....