Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone tried these cold air intakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
i wonder how much colder the air would be from behind the headlights?

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I've just ordered one for my clubby. Heard nothing but good things about them :)

MACE

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have tried this cold air intake, if so what's it like.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
More info here, from people with actual first hand experience about the product :)

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/mace-engineering/101990-mace-cold-air-intake.html

I've just ordered one for my clubby. Heard nothing but good things about them :)

No probs Demonica,

We've got these in stock for immediate dispatch. Please refer to the fitting instructions below

Cold Air Intakes - Mace Engineering Group

The only additional thing that I can add is (that isn't clear on the instructions) is that the the threads which go into the body work of the vehicle need to be cleaned, and sprayed with WD40 from underneath to assist with removal of the original studs

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Bux

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb vn & vy
I have one of these on my vl, and noticed an improvement in the hot weather driving, no difference in economy (lpg), and little or no more induction noise. So thumbs up from me.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
I've used a few of the mace products, the plenum spacer seemed to do absolutely nothing but the manifold spacer dropped peak torque down about 500rpm which really helped with the cam I was running at the time - it didn't add any peak power, if anything it robbed me of about 10rwkw at 5500rpm+ but added about 10% between 2500-3500rpm from memory, I did runs at chiptorque before and after with my scenario.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
to the op, i have a mace cai and its worth every cent, not much increase in power but the car did start to idle and rev smoother and of course has that nice induction roar

if you can afford it, get it

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Considering mace is a site sponsor you guys should have a little more respect

Sent from somewhere, somehow

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Thread cleanup.

Let me be the first to say I am utterly disappointed certain members can stoop this low and attack a site sponsor who in my view and dealings with them have never had an issue nor any negative feedback whatsoever.

I have had first hand experience with MACE and have nothing but good things to say, my car after getting a cam put in was nothing short of disappointing and ran like a bucket of snot for a number of reasons, working through with Steve who kindly took aside the time to help me out which he didn't have to do all without any cam specs as the company had 'excellent results' and seemed to think the cam specs were something like a trade secret.

Imho, you're likely to find a number of people to back my statement up, anytime I have dropped a question through or given MACE a buzz, not a single time have I been disappointed with the outcome, the same can't be said for many other places.

If I catch wind of this again a rather lengthy ban will be handed down irrespective of the members status, no tolerance at all will be given.

If you have an issue for whatever reason take it up with them directly not attempt to tarnish their reputation on a public forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.