Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone Using a Dorman LS1/LS2 Intake?

CrazyBlownV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Monaro 5.7L
I have been doing some reading about the Dorman LS1/LS2 cathedral port intakes online lately. They look like a pretty good bit of gear for less than half the price of the FAST intake.

I am doing a rebuild on my LS1 and was thinking that it may be a good option, I believe they use the stock fuel rails, use a 4 bolt 90mm throttlebody, and they flow better than the stock LS1 or LS2 intakes. They seem to be in line with the FAST intake in the low and midrange.

I would be interested to know if anyone is using one, and on what combo.

Red LS1 V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1
I looked into replacing my LS6 intake with the Dorman LS2 (the one worth using from my reading) but it isn't a bolt on proposition, needs modifying to work on my 04 Monaro. The results seemed inconsistent too, porting may be needed with this intake for the best results but puts up the cost.

The intake I really wanted was the TPIS 90mm LS6 intake but its US only and you can't buy that any more. It is an LS6 (best factory cathedral port intake) with the LS2 90mm snout welded on.

I had wondered if you could build an equivalent to that intake if you had a spare LS2 (or newer?) manifold to hack up but dont know who would do the work here.