Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone who puts videos of themselves on the 'net breaking the law

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Muhahahah that was entertaining !

Last edited:

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
this reminds me of last night, i was watching the nesw last night where young people were posting videos of themselves smoking, 2-3-4 ciggerettes at a time.

i was driving a few weeks ago, these guys in a nissan pulsar hatchback model were doing reallyyy long dead black skidding lines around the shopping centre carpark around 9pm, filming it and everything, uh.. i hope the camera got them!

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
i know that the LS1 isn't australian, in fact there hasn't been an aussie engine in the commodore since 97 in the V8 or 94 in the V6 (pretty sure the ecotec was USA?)

But its still nice to know that something deemed suitable for our local beasts is more reliable than the european M3. Well, at least on that video anyway!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
i know that the LS1 isn't australian, in fact there hasn't been an aussie engine in the commodore since 97 in the V8 or 94 in the V6 (pretty sure the ecotec was USA?)

But its still nice to know that something deemed suitable for our local beasts is more reliable than the european M3. Well, at least on that video anyway!

You're close, the last Aussie 6 cylinder in a Holden was the Black 202 (carby/efi) in the VK until late 1985 (I think), the VL got the Nissan RaceBred 3.0 E/ET (RB30) and the VN engine was the 3800 V6 which was initially imported and based on an older Buick design.. The current motor the HFV6 LY7 is the "Alloytech" which in its various forms is sold in a lot of cars including Alfa Romeos, Suzuki and other GM Brands.. just some useless information!

Too many bloody engines, it gets confusing!

True though it is good to see the engine powering Commodore's keep on keeping on :w00t:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
hahahahaha he would never of catched him if d guy didnt brake down/ run out of fuel, haha and old m3 (6 cylinder) killing a brand new v8, at some points your couldnt even see the guy in the m3, and 0-60 in 5.7 seconds? id expect quicker from a cop car haha o well:D

Alister

Reaction score
i saw a fantastic video on youtube the other day. an M3 outrunning the local cops. The cops make mention that they are using the new Corvette engine (LS1 i assume) The cops try everything to catch this bloke, but they just can't do it. Eventually the cops catch him, not due to the speed, but his car actually breaks down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3DnTI_Cj2s

The lesson here - M3 may be faster, but in the end nothin beats a good ol' Commodore V8 engine! :D

It actually uses an old LT1 engine which was never used in a Commodore :p The LT1 was released in 1992 and is actually quite tame and slow compaired to the LS1 and is actually very different to the LS1. Not surprised the BMW out ran it easily.
It's an old video anyway, saw it ages ago.