Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone you can contact if a dealer has sold you a lemon?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
If the car looks good, outer and interior, check your options for a long engine transplant.
Sell off the current one as parts.

As mentioned above, the dealer didn't have to give you a warranty, so they must have believed the car was a good one.

MrWebby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series
Got the news today my car needs a new motor, the original one was burning oil like it was petrol and they couldn't determine why.

$4600 for a swap over on a fully rebuilt one. Contacted the dealership again, the new manager spoke to me and is quite determined to help me out as I've stated I can't afford to repair it and without my car I'm relying on my parents to spend 3 hours a day driving me to work. Maybe things will turn around, but still.

Mick06 svz

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz svz 3.5l alloytec
How’s the dealership helping you out exactly?..covering all costs and labor for the engine transplant?

MrWebby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series
How’s the dealership helping you out exactly?..covering all costs and labor for the engine transplant?
I'm not sure, the manager I spoke too today said the previous managers response was pathetic and he wants to help out. I'll know more tomorrow.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
If the car dealer is good at his job, he'll trade in your car and have you signed up for a different car.
You'll never be happy with this car.