Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

appealing suspended p platers for work purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
If ya need to rely on a little piece of technology to keep your license, ya probably shouldn't have one :D

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
most speed camera's now dont use radar they use a laser... so a radar detector is going to do sweet f$ck all and if you can find a way to detect the laser your already gone by the time you know it
you could just do what i do when i travel through VIC and thats sit on the speed limit the whole time... well most of the time anyway :D

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
not on my p's, never had a ticket or any infraction on my p's. these 2 tickets are the first ones ive ever had and the 20 ks over id did i aggree i deserved, its the 5 ks over bullshit im talking about. my oldest mate is besides paradox (gordo) is in his 30's so there not im pressed by young kid bullshit. been married for 8 years and 2 kids. am i an asshole driver for not liking speed traps?

No, your an asshole driver for speeding ESPECIALLY if your a family man. Speed on your own and your selfish, speed when either u have kids in the car or when you have a wife and kids to leave behind .. Then your a selfish pr1ck. Not a full on direct stab at you, more of a general comment.

5ks over the limit (if in a residential area) is the difference between hitting someone and missing ... There was an advert a few years ago, I'll try and find it.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Over here
Fixed cameras use lines on the road so radar detector isn't gunna help
Camera vans use k band with a very short range. An automatic door at the gassy is k band with a longer range so it's not worth having k band on
Cop cars use ka band which you can detect at good range and get some warning ( although they're getting smarter and turning them off so people don't detect them)
Cops use laser. There is 0 signal til the pull the trigger and it's nearly instant so you have no chance!

Since you guys get demerits from cameras too I'd say a radar detector won't 'save your licence'. We only get them from being pulled over so radar detector helps 75% of the time in regards to demerits

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
OP, your only course of action would be to seek legal advice.

Thesickness86

Thesickness86
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve ute
If you are caught speeding, man up and take responsibility for your actions, everyone here on this site knows the road rules and if you choose to disregard them and get caught deal with it like an adult.
My driving record is not even close to being perfect and it pissed me off the times I have been fined, but at the end of the day my foot was on the accelerator and I have know one to blame but myself.

H4Z4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6 Sedan
im not a wreckless driver, id rather pay attention to my surroundings and other drivers than 1cm give or take on my speedometer, watching your gauge cluster is what causes accidents. dont get me wrong 20km plus is silly but 10 over give me a f'n break, 150 bucks for that? my 2c

It really worries me that there are so many people out there that share this view. To get your license in the 1st place, you had to prove you were proficient at doing both at once. What happened? Did you forget how to do that or become a worse/careless driver?

The speed limit is the speed LIMIT. A 60 sign doesn't mean 61,63,65,68 or 70, it says 60 for a reason. If you are driving faster than that you are breaking the law & can be fined, deal with it.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I've seen a few people say this now, but why do people think glancing at the speedo now and then causes accidents?
Do they look at other gauges while driving? Play with the stereo? Text or talk on the phone? Rubberneck the hot chick on the footpath? Light a cigarette?

Keeping an eye on the speedo isn't gonna cause an accident, it only takes a second to see what speed your doing.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
So the title of the post is "appealing suspended p platers for work purposes" and....

The POST clearly states and I quote from your own words..."hi, i have lost my green p plates for 3 months due to speeding in NSW"... so I guess you are a liar as well as an asshole using your words of course.

hi ryder isn't the OP mate. Unless he made a new account lol

Status
Not open for further replies.