Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

appropriate jack + stands for VX commodore

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Hey guys, theres a few specials on at supercheap at the moment. Im in need of a trolley jack and some stands for the off time that i need to lift my car.

would these 1.2tonne stands be fine to hold up the weight of my 1.5tonne commodore? seeing as your only ever holding up one half of it, not the entire thing?

CAR STANDS PIN PAIR 1200KG SCA - Supercheap Auto

and this 1.4tonnne trolley jack
SCA Trolley Jack - 1400kg - Supercheap Auto

Granted at the moment that scissor jack that's in the boot of my car does the job fine, i just want something safer at home.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
They should be fine. You could go overkill like me i have 6 tonne stands:p

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Be Careful Mate. You will find that jack will only get your wheels 1-2 inches off the ground, and those Pin stands, i also have them, because the jack on gets it off the ground a little, i can only use lowest Pin setting, would consider a bigger jack. i regret buying a little jack. I got car ramps and OMG i love them and not worry about the bloody thing collapsing like stands and jacks lol

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
F*** that 1.4 tonne trolley jack is cheap, is SCA a good brand or are they all about the same?

onca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Get the 2.5 ton trolley jack mate... its a bit dearer, but it's a hell of a lot stronger and has more travel, and its easier lifting the car. And who knows maybe one day you'll need to jack up uncle Ned's Landrover.

ps. Stands should be fine, since 2 of them under the front (the heaviest part) will hold 2.4 ton, just make sure you take the cinder blocks out of your boot lol

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
I own the cheapest SCA trolley jack(and cheapest SCA stands) from supercheap,did a few engine oil change with them,works well.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I just bought the 2000kg jack yesterday to do my brothers camry, works great, only downside is one full pump of the 'handle' doesn't lift the car a lot, so you will be pumping a bit, but honestly it requires no strength (I could pump it with two finger with no problems, and still a LOT easier that pissing around with a scissor jack). Other than that, at $45(?) it was a bargain, especially since I got my brother to pay for half.