Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jack stands VZ clubsport

banga81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport manual
Hi All,

Just purchased a VZ clubby.

Where are people placing the jack stands when lifting the front?
The chassis rails seem kinda soft and i'm worried the jack stands will damage the rail. Seems like a small surface area to concentrate the weight.
Then i thought i'd try the pinch weld points, but im not a fan of using jack stands here as it damages the pinch points, plus the side skirts are pretty damn close and i think it may damage them as well.
I have read this entire post https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...-your-car-and-put-it-on-safety-stands.116900/ but would like to get others opinion on the matter.

Cheers

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Did you get the handbook with the Clubsport?
It will show a diagram with hoist and jack points under the car.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Get the low plastic ramps. Chock the rear wheels. Hand brake off and in neutral. The jack the car up.
I get the stands onto the K-frame toward the back. I keep the jack in place as a Saftey feature and the wheels upside down under the car.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I either use the subframe, it has these bits that come back toward the rear.
Or there's these big flat sections near the sill, this is where I put the hoist pads, but they have rubber pads.

If you have some nice hard wood you can make blocks to go between the jack stand and car, they need to be about 50mm x 100mm x 100mm.

banga81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport manual
Get the low plastic ramps. Chock the rear wheels. Hand brake off and in neutral. The jack the car up.
I get the stands onto the K-frame toward the back. I keep the jack in place as a Saftey feature and the wheels upside down under the car.
Thanks mate. I've just gone and bought a ramps yesterday. Any chance you can get me a pic on where on the K-frame you place the stands?

banga81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport manual
Or there's these big flat sections near the sill, this is where I put the hoist pads, but they have rubber pads.

If you have some nice hard wood you can make blocks to go between the jack stand and car, they need to be about 50mm x 100mm x 100mm.
I thought of the hoist location too, but that looks very soft for the jack stands too. Any chance you have a picture of where you put the stands on the subframe?

banga81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport manual

1708034293720.png

Is the above circled spot what you're refering to on the subframe when you say "it has these bits that come back toward the rear"?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I might be doing this today to get at the crank angle sensor so I’ll get some pics. Or I might get the CBF’s.

I have another up on stands at the moment but has a different K-frame to what you guys would have for comparison. I’ll get a pic later. A bit early here to make noise in the garage.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
View attachment 264223
Is the above circled spot what you're refering to on the subframe when you say "it has these bits that come back toward the rear"?

To make it easier, you can use the front bar that runs along the crossmember.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here you go.
If anyone wants to point out the orientation of the stand support, that’s the way around it’s most stable and doesn’t damage the chassis.
IMG_5977.jpeg

IMG_5978.jpeg

I keep the jack there as a just in case.
Dual pin stands. Rotational threaded top.
Tyre goes under the drivers door as forward as possible.