Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are SS and SV6 rear bumpers the same on utes?

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
I asked this in my thread about removing the towbar hole, but no one has replied, so I thought a separate thread for this specific question might get a bit more attention.

I have a S1 SSV ute, and I want to replace the rear bumper so I don't have the stupid tow bar hole.
Is a S1 SV6 rear bar the same? They look the same, but I'm worried the exhaust openings may be smaller on the SV6 because they only came with the single exhaust tips. From what I can tell, there is no difference in rear bumpers between Series 1, 2 and 3. Is that correct?
I'm just trying to find a bumper in the same colour as my car so it doesn't end up costing $500+ to buy another colour and respray it, and if I know I can use an SV6 bar it opens up more possible matches.
Thanks guys.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You are correct. There is no difference.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
So, there is a guy selling this bumper, claiming it is from an SV6 ute:
$_20.JPG

The exhaust outlets don't look right, and from what you can see in that pic the bottom of the bumper doesn't look right either.
It looks more like a modified omega bar to me or something but he claims to work for Holden, and swears it is genuine SV6. He's gonna send me some more pics in a few days because it is currently at his workplace. I would just go and inspect it, but he is about 100km from me. If it was legit, I would definitely make the trip to buy it, but it just doesn't look right.

So, what model of ute is that bumper actually from?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Yeah it looks like an omega rear bumper.

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Is it just missing the black plastic diffuser? Not sure if utes have them but the sedans do.

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
ask for a part number. it will be stamped on it. then simple call to holden and they can tell u what car its off

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Some part numbers that are stamped on are not always right.
But ask anyway.
One thing about him working for a holden dealer in the pic those drums could be paint and the red tub under the bar belongs to holden which they use to send small parts in.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Is it just missing the black plastic diffuser? Not sure if utes have them but the sedans do.
No, the utes have no diffuser. But here is an image to show you the difference between what a SS/SV6 bumper looks like and what this guy is trying to sell. Look at the moulding around the exhaust ports.
img000000679.jpg

Some part numbers that are stamped on are not always right.
But ask anyway.
One thing about him working for a holden dealer in the pic those drums could be paint and the red tub under the bar belongs to holden which they use to send small parts in.
Well, that's interesting info. So it sounds like he does actually work for Holden, and it sounds like he is just as dodgy as every Holden service employee.:rofl:
I really don't believe that the bar he is selling is a genuine SV6 item, but I am curious as to why he would try to market a modified omega bar like that?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`m glad I work in parts I not dodgy lol