Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are there 2 fuel filters on VF 6.0 CALAIS SEDAN?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thanks @monstar that's informative.

Sounds like Holden has yet again has been caught out in their cost cutting shenanigans with the last Aussie built commodore.

I don't believe the Holden line that the fuel filter doesn't need to be replaced under normal driving conditions. So it seems we need to mod our vehicles to bring back filter replacement servicability that Holden removed. Now the question is how often should we replace our fuel filters once the mod is done?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Thanks, was a group buy on G8 forum a few years back. Here is part to replace, cost about same in Aussie dollars through Holden a few years back.
Depends how often you run tank low fuel as to the life expectancy, because motor is cooled by the surrounding fuel. Anything from 75k km to 300k my guess.
Bottom line with this setup keep tank over half filled else replacing is not that hard in the large scheme of things.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks @monstar, i'll keep it in mind that the fuel tank should be atleast 1/2 full and not run down to fill lamp illuminating which is how i've always driven my other vehicles.

It does make a mockery of the bulls!t claims by the manufacturers that they remove spare tyres to save weight and thus fuel (while the fuel tank shouldn't really be run down for fear the fuel pump life may be shortened). We all know the real reaon is cost cutting ;)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’m having trouble understanding where the fuel filter is actually located within the pump module o_O

@monstar do you have a pic you can add to supplement all the great info you’ve added to date :)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the molded plastic piece the surrounds the pump is the filter

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I’m having trouble understanding where the fuel filter is actually located within the pump module o_O

@monstar do you have a pic you can add to supplement all the great info you’ve added to date :)
I took heaps of shots of the socks in situ and being cleaned can’t put hands on the pics right now sorry.