Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are these Headers ok for my VF SSV?

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I like the look of these. They bolt up to the stock mid pipe too, seriously considering getting these!
They'll be fine!
They look like HSV headers

Be aware that the 200 cell converters won't pass emissions
They're similar to HSV headers and look more like Pacemaker shorties.

Most have the impression that a cat means emission compliance where in fact, a car that doesn't meet emission compliance may as well be catless.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Just be carefully if your using magnaflow on a blown engine. See Below :rolleyes:
I've seen that a couple of times except the cat shells were empty, must have blown the broken up cat out the tailpipes!

Piano player

Reaction score
Members Ride
xr6 turbo tuned to 300 rwkw's. VF SSV
Yes my main reservation are the 200 cell cats. I would prefer compliant cats that flow better than stock. Some aftermarket cats do nothing more than a catless set up would.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Yes my main reservation are the 200 cell cats. I would prefer compliant cats that flow better than stock. Some aftermarket cats do nothing more than a catless set up would.
You might be able to use stock Euro 5 cats and just chop and weld some flanges to suit the header flange and weld some flanges

I know for a fact that you can cut the VF HSV cats and fit 3" flanges

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Header/cat suitably can only be determined by emission testing a specific engine combination and the suppliers of an aftermarket setup are guessing the compliance status.

You might be able to use stock Euro 5 cats and just chop and weld some flanges to suit the header flange and weld some flanges

I know for a fact that you can cut the VF HSV cats and fit 3" flanges
Euro 5 MY17 VF cats are more restrictive than the Euro 4 340 setup. I don't think there's enough room under a VF to fit large enough cats for a maximum power emission compliant exhaust.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
I've seen that a couple of times except the cat shells were empty, must have blown the broken up cat out the tailpipes!
Hey Nev these one's were metal core 200cell from magnaflow, the ceramic cores can break up but can actually be sucked back up into your valve train, not the best thing to happen.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Hey Nev these one's were metal core 200cell from magnaflow, the ceramic cores can break up but can actually be sucked back up into your valve train, not the best thing to happen.
Yes, pieces of broken up cat can enter the combustion chamber and destroy the engine. Catless downpipes are a common mod on M3/M4 BMW's that are tracked as the cats can break up and suck back into the turbos costing a 25k repair. XR6 Turbo Falcon's are vulnerable to this happening also.