Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

are these wheels to good to be true?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
those rims you showed are vx gts copies...poor copies

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
nah i haven't noticed any vibrations until i rotated them from rear to front a week ago. more pics to come when i get home

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
the manufacturer can't make exact replicas or they would be sued.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
got them from payless tyres chullora
www.paylesstyres.com
their website sucks but they have a pretty good range in the shopfront window
attached a couple of photos for ya

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 238

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
like JD said main thing u get with copies as they tend 2 have more defects in them if u manage 2 find a set get a tyre fitter 2 check them out b4 u buy em ask him 2 chuck them on the wheel balancer 2 see it the rims r buckled if they r ur always gonna have vibration no matter wat. if u do get a buckled set send em straight back and ask 4 a replacement till u find a straight rim

pepsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
nah they are cv8 or cv8-r copies, don't know which ones.

they are replicas of these. cv8-r

cv8.jpg

they are basically the same but the copies have an extra line in each spoke

now that im here i need some more advice

what is a good price to get your car lowered? 350?

also changing the subject a bit. if i paid 520 for pacemaker extractors fully installed am i getting ripped off?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeah but the stripe in the spokes are like vx gts... maybe they are a cross bread, they look like both

vt com

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
hmm yep i've got that problem... my front wheels (which used to be on the rear until last week) vibrate when travelling at 80kmh. i think next time i get a tyre and they balance it should fix itself though. maybe the balancing weights have fallen off. (sorry pepsi didn't mean to steal your thread... just thought you should know that this happens)

I had the same problem with the wheels I hav just bought. The tyre shop fitted hub locating rings and it fixed the problem. They were not buckled and balanced up perfectly but the rims were not locating on the hub properly. After the rings were fitted no vibrations at all.

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
i have a couple questions

1. i like cv8 or cv8-r monaro rims, not totally sure what they are called but i found them in the trading post, heres a pic of the ad

View attachment 33890

i know there not genuine but does that really matter?? i mean as long as the look good right, there not gonna break...are they?and is it a good price for them?

2. also ive been debating over getting either 17' sor 18's for my vt. im still unsure what to get. if i got 18's would i have to get the speedo redone or something???

3. adding to this again. am i getting ripped off if i pay 520 for pacemaker extractors? and how much does it cost to get your car lowerd? 350??
cheers pepsi

To answer part of the 3rd question your looking at not much change from 1k to lower your car PROPERLY