Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are XXX-Bodykits Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP__Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Hey,

Just wondering if the XXX-Bodykits fit flush. I am interested in buying a VX Clubsport bodykit for my VP Calais but I have heard they are a b!tch to get fitted and the have heaps of gaps etc. Can anyone tell me how they are or to stay away from them.

Thanks.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
then the answer is no

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
They used to be good, recently i have heard of their work going downhill. Hard to find a place that makes half decent looking fibreglass kits in Melbourne. Most i have seen, the kits don't line up properly against the cars body, ripples through the kits etc.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Why the hell has my post been deleted for the 2nd time.

I said I used to work there & to not wreck a VP Calais,

THAT IS A SUBTLE HINT, DON'T GO TO XXX BODYKITS

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
XXX are very pricey.
Also, with no dis-respect to XXX, Fibreglass kits are awful, no matter where they are from. As Cobz said they are dogs for fitting but painting them is worse. They absorb paint differently to metals and plastics therefore giving you an absolute **** looking kit and not to metion they fade insanely, unless you have a whole fibreglass car, then the paint would match up....

Ben

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
I know one of the painters, and they're **** lol, runs everywhere, overspray etc. Not recommended :(

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I seen a Ford the other day with a massive XXX Bodykits sticket across the back window, but he had no body kit. So either it was so **** it fell off, or they are that discrete and make no difference.

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
a really terrible place. you would be wise to go elsewhere, or even dont bother getting it at all. at least THEY wont have your cash. i felt like doing something to the guy for payback, but calmed down after a while. nothing i could do really, even legally, its so much bullsh##t to do anything about, its not worth it.
at least i can tell people on the net how rubbish his bodywork, painting, and respect for the customers car and requests is. he couldnt even get the color close (meant to be black ended up purple, plus half a tin of paint on my wheels (maybee slightly less ;D ) also a large amount of rubber stuck to the rear mudguard i peeled off in chunks from burnouts (which i sure as heck dont do ever). i was too scared to give the car back to him to fix anything up, (and didnt think that would satisfy me anyway), from the looks of his prior handywork. and the guy really argued with me and tried to defend his actions when i complained about things, also leading me to believe giving him a chance to fix some of the stuffups was a bad bad idea. well, thats my customer review. decide for youselves

LS1FUN

Confused with life..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Holden VS S-Pack
Why would you get a VX Clubby kit on a VP anyway? It'd look ####ing stupid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.