Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

arial probs

spud04vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vy s ute
i had recently bought a vy s pack ute and had noticed the arial only goes a 3rd of the way up.

is there any way of making go the full height by adjustment or do i have to replace the arial all together??

thanks

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Get someone to stand by the aerial and try gently pulling it up as you turn the ignition on. Sometimes, the sections of the aerial get an accumulation of dirt/grease/surface contamination which prevents them from extending fully. If the resistance to extending is too great, the clutch in the antenna gearbox will "slip" until it reaches the cut off point and the antenna ceases trying to extend. You might also have one section damaged which has jammed within the next section down. The mate pulling on the antenna might be all it takes to help it fully extend, but don't try to lift the antenna too hard.

It is important that you try this only when turning on the ignition with the radio turned on, as you shouldn't be able to pull the antenna up manually.

JSCOLLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
Vy series ii antenna

Hi Guys, wondering if anyone can help me. When i turn of my car the antenna comes down sometimes half way sometimes all the way then goes back up and radio turns on. Its a pain in the asse because i sometimes lock my car and go only to find my radio on when i return. Do i need a new antenna. Has anyone experienced this problem.