Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ashley Cooper passed away

09WNS

09WNS = 9 Bathurst wins
Reaction score
Website
hobbiesnstuff.darkbb.com
Members Ride
VN SV3800
Ashley Cooper has passed away around 3:50pm daylight savings time

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
oh thats terible news condolences to all family and friends

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
I heard it on the radio in the car on my way home, it is very sad, I really feel for his family.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I was just reading about this. They are blaming the track, so I guess the Clipsal will be a race of the past.

09WNS

09WNS = 9 Bathurst wins
Reaction score
Website
hobbiesnstuff.darkbb.com
Members Ride
VN SV3800
CAMS Statement: Ashley Cooper
CAMS Media Release
25 Feb 2008

It is with deep regret that the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) confirms that Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series driver Ashley Cooper, aged 27, of Ulladulla in New South Wales, has passed away in Royal Adelaide Hospital today following a race incident last Saturday at the Clipsal 500.

Cooper, an experienced motor racing competitor, was critically injured when his vehicle impacted with the safety barrier at the exit of a corner. He was quickly attended to trackside by the event's senior medical personnel and subsequently transported to the Royal Adelaide Hospital by ambulance.

There were no other vehicles involved in the incident and no one else was injured.

CAMS President, Colin Osborne, said that Cooper's passing was something that would be felt by the entire Australian motor sport community.

"Firstly our thoughts and sympathies go to Ashley's family and friends, particularly his wife Casey and two children and parents Alan and Maree," said Osborne.

"It is always a very sad day when any member of the motor sport community is taken from us.

"The motor racing community involves a close knit group of competitors and officials and I know that everyone will be feeling the loss of Ashley.

"CAMS will conduct its own full independent investigation to determine the circumstances leading to the incident. In the mean time, CAMS and event officials are working with the relevant civil authorities to assist with their investigations."

CAMS Chief Executive Officer, Graham Fountain, praised the actions of officials immediately following the incident.

"We have to thank our Clipsal 500 Adelaide officials for their swift and professional actions as the loss of Ashley will no doubt have an effect on our many volunteers who work tirelessly at amateur and professional motor sport events around the country each weekend.

"Our extensive counselling and support services will be offered to Ashley's family and friends as well as to the competitors and officials involved in the event to help them though this tragic time."

CAMS will provide further details on Cooper's funeral arrangements when they become available.

CAMS

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Poor guy,did not see much of ashleys races but would like to give my condolences to the family and close friends.

Very Sad Day for Motorsport and not a great start to the year.

It is un fortunate when anyone is lost due to motorsport accidents. I am sure all Holden Fans,ch 7 , Spectators, v8 supercar drivers,medical staff,marshalls and all involved appreciated ashleys work and will respect his privacy for his funeral....

RIP ASH !

ASHLEY COOPERS WEBSITE : Ashley Cooper Motorsport - Home

Last edited:

09WNS

09WNS = 9 Bathurst wins
Reaction score
Website
hobbiesnstuff.darkbb.com
Members Ride
VN SV3800
hate to say this but seven are having the replay
on saturday 1 March