Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the Pizza Maker/Delivery Driver

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Not bad not bad, I had one over new years. Salami and Pepperoni, Capsicum, Olives, Mushroom, Prawns, Chilli and Garlic, Onion.

Nicest pizza ever.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Do you own a T-Boned Calais ?

If so do you have a pair of mint VS S2 rims ?

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
VXWAGMAN said:
Why do all franchise pizza stores pizzas taste like crap and only contain about 5% meat?

My local pizza joint makes it's own bases in the shop by hand and they don't use frozen bases with 7 different types of gross cheese in the middle of it. Each a different shade of yellow. I guess when you get older junk food seems to taste worse.

Because its a franchise store, of course its going to use cheap horrible pretend meat. Apart from the ham (which is beef based, the boss is Muslim so everything is Halal) all our produce is fresh. All our bases are rolled fresh and the dough is made in a dough mixer, no preservatives etc... Best thing is people will try our pizzas and come back saying they're the best pizzas they've ever had and keep coming back time after time.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
I don't usually do this as I'm a fairly good natured person most of the time, but its time for a rant...

Its specific to work, but applies to all who do some sort of delivery work, ie. couriers. The past week at work has been pretty busy and have had quite a few deliveries to do, however these deliveries didn't go with out their problems. I had alot of difficulty finding two specific addresses because of 1) there are no numbers on the letterboxes or fence; 2) there is poor lighting, either due to street lamps or lack of, and tight arse morons who don't turn their front porch lights on; 3) The address is not easily visible as it is tucked away behind another residence and the customer has failed to tell you this, then telling you when you get the door, 'oh youve been here before, so you should know where it is!' Bullshit, just because we have delivered there before, doesn't mean I've been there before! We have more than just one driver you tool! 4) Customers who give you their phone number and when you try to call it, its either busy, rings right through, or the phone is turned off. We ask for your number so we can call you just in case there is a problem, such as having difficulty finding the address, or we're running late because its busy, therefore delaying the arrival of their order and them wondering why the order is late and abuse you. Well **** you too, I did try to call you, not just once several times, yet you didn't anser your bloody phone!!! 5) People who take forever to answer the door. Once I sat outside for 10mins, ringing the bell, knocking on the door and windows, calling them but to no avail. They only by chance heard me knocking when they walked past the front door. Geeze people, if your expecting a delivery then keep an ear out for the door bell!!! Lucky it wasn't busy that night; 6) Drunken idiots forgetting that they ordered pizza and bugger off somewhere else

[/rant]

I needed to get that out of my system... **** I hate my job for that reason. gggrrr... Anyone know of any part time work available somewhere?

Andy :mad:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
fourstar82 said:
Because its a franchise store, of course its going to use cheap horrible pretend meat. Apart from the ham (which is beef based, the boss is Muslim so everything is Halal) all our produce is fresh. All our bases are rolled fresh and the dough is made in a dough mixer, no preservatives etc... Best thing is people will try our pizzas and come back saying they're the best pizzas they've ever had and keep coming back time after time.
Sounds promising.. Where's your pizza place?

filtnineee

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS commodore series 2
i work at the airport for hertz and most of the time drive cars around, ppl there crack me up, and the bosses are cool, after 3 month probation its 14 an hour plus all the penalty rates for arvos and weekends etc. im a qulified boilermaker, but make more doing this, and having fun as well